Friday, August 04, 2006

Too Much

I spoke to one of the nurse practitioners from the program and it turns out I was drinking way too much water and messing up my electrolytes. She suggested I keep track of my water intake, and by mid-day today I had already reached the maximum that I was supposed to drink for the whole day. Wow. I had no idea.

I also have to give up gum because the sugar alcohols are messing up my digestion. I will not go into details, but some people's systems have a bad reaction to sorbitol and the like. Now I am brushing after every shake so that I don't get yuck mouth.

As an aside, I am happy to report that so far I haven't had any hair loss. I figured that I was certain to, since I lose hair any time I'm under stress and it is a possible side-effect. I guess it could still happen, but so far so good.

I was having a grumpy day today. Partly because of work, but partly because I am so mad that I can't eat food. It's my own fault, and I have comitted to this crazy Optifast thing, so I shouldn't be angry, but I am anyway. I'm mad at myself for letting my weight get this high. I'm angry that I'm too undisciplined to lose weight with portion control and exercise. I only lost 2 pounds last week and that is getting me down a little. On my scale at home I haven't lost anything since Wednesday. I don't know what I'll do if I have a no-weight-loss week. I have to remember to be proud of myself for staying on the diet for this long. Even though I cheated that one time I have still done well. The pants I was wearing today fit loosely. When I got them they were too tight. In a few months they will be to big to wear. I have to remember that, and think about that when I get angry and frustrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home