Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Food Vacation

OK.

Today is a special day. It is the last day I will be eating food for the next 20-30 weeks or so. I decided to opt for the Optifast diet. It's a liquid diet, medically supervised. I have to go to weekly counseling meetings and have my blood drawn every other week. I thought about it a lot before I decided to go for it. The big seller for me was this guy from work who was on it. He lost like 185 lbs in 4-5 months. And he never looked tired or sick or hungry. I talked to him about it and he said he felt great. I only have 95 to lose, so I am very optimistic.

So here I am at the edge of the abyss. Today I had my second meeting and picked up my first load of liquid diet packets. At the very beginning of the meeting the counselor said, "This is it. No more food from now on." This first series of meetings lasts 20 weeks, until the day after my birthday. I will probably be in for more like 30 weeks - the end of January. That seems very far away right now, but time goes by so fast these days. My first drink will be tomorrow morning.

I know nobody reads this, but if you do, I hope you will wish me well. If you have anything negative to say about the liquid diet thingy please keep it to yourself for now. Please don't try to tempt me or goad me. Wait until I'm done. I know this is no permanent fix. The hard part will start when the diet is over and I have to relearn how to eat regular food properly.

I'm excited by the possibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home