Monday, July 11, 2005

Last Week Was a Bust

I cheated in many ways with many different foods last week. I take two steps forward and one step back. Luckily I only gained back two pounds, so at least I'm not back at square one. I think a big part of it had to do with the dental work I had done on Tuesday. It hurt and I felt bad. It still hurts a bit. I was feeling sad, run-down and hopeless.

I use food for comfort and as a reward. It's easy, it's readily available, always fits and never goes out of style. They say that you need to find other ways to reward yourself when you are dieting. I haven't quite figured out how that works yet. I don't want to buy clothes, there's no point really. I could buy shoes I guess, jewelry maybe, get a manicure. Somehow those things just don't seem to work as well.

The other problem is that I am just not that disciplined. I never have been. I am working on it. Maybe 6 weeks is just too much for me to do all in a row. This diet is not only very strict about what I eat, it's a lot of work. I have to cook everything myself and then do all the dishes. It seems like I am always eating something, with the 5-6 meals a day. Bleh.

I stuck to my diet (mostly) for two weeks last time. This time I'm going for three. I'm feeling better now, and I have discovered a way to make some really delicious meatloaf comfort food that is within my diet requirements. I even tried making some mashed potatoes. They are not as good without cream and butter, but they are OK. I'm going to make a meatloaf mashed potato roll tonight that I think will be pretty good. I guess it's just a matter of learning from my mistakes and moving on.

I'm not going to give up.

1 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're brave and courageous posting your life on here, disastro. Here's a delicious "replacement" for mashed potatoes that I make for many of my clients, if you're interested:
4 cups steamed cauliflower florets
1 oz. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
1 oz. Land O' Lakes Fat Free Half & Half
Pinch salt
Pinch pepper
Puree all in a food processor.

-lovesit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home