Sunday, July 16, 2006

I Miss Food

I'm having a harder time this weekend. I'm really starting to miss my old favorites. Oh, rolled tacos with guacamole, how I long for thee. I have realized that eating is kinda what I do on the weekends. Get up late, go have a nice lunch. Do some shopping, get some snacks. All of that is gone now. No lunch, no snacks, no grocery shopping. The only thing I can still buy are diet beverages. I've found a few good ones - IBC diet root beer for example, but still, I don't really like soda pop that much. Where are the fat free, calorie free chocolate truffles?

Bleh.

I've been trying to think of other things, like canoeing, or travelling, or current events. None of it helps. Current events being what they are, I'm thinking maybe I shoud start eating again before the apocalypse comes. That would suck if my last meal ever was an Optifast shake. Seriously though, I think this is part of my problem. I eat because I don't really have that much else to do. What I really need to do is to find some new habits that are not food-related.

I think I also need to quit focusing on how long I'm going to be on the Optifast. Six months seems like such a long time. It's overwhelming. 30 weeks doesn't sound so bad, but still. Dang. If I can just make it until next Wednesday for a few more weeks. Maybe that is better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home