Sunday, June 19, 2005

I Eat Crap

Writing down what I eat for a few days has really helped me to see that I still eat a lot of crap. I think that if I'm going to be serious about losing weight I am going to have to address my diet as well. I don't believe in dieting, I think it can often do more harm than good. I do however believe that I can make much better food choices to help me to actually move the scale downwards.

A while ago I bought a weight loss program off of the tee vee. Yeah, I know, a sucker is born every minute, but I felt stuck, and wanted to try something different. I lost 15 pounds with it before I lost my focus. It's 5 meals a day, and you have to plan ahead and stuff. I'm not so great with the planning ahead. I'm going to go back on the eating plan - it says I can lose (up to) 30 pounds in 6 weeks! I'll have to eat a lot more animal protein than I'm used to, but what the hell, it's not like I'm a vegetarian. It's not Atkins or anything, I'm still eating lots of vegetables and fruits, and some carbs. It's mostly about getting rid of processed foods, excess fats and oils, sugar and salt. This means I'm going to have to give up my precious miso for a while, but that's a small price to pay. I need some quicker results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home