Thursday, November 16, 2006

184, -1, 57 pounds total

I'm two weeks behind schedule now. It's all because I keep cheating.

I'm so bored with the Optifast! It doesn't help that the weather is getting cooler and that just naturally makes me want to head for the warm starchy stuff. At least I'm still losing. It's just not as fast as I would like.

The Novartis factory made some unflavored batches of the Optifast 70 so they had to recall it all. They gave me Optifast HP instead. It's 200 calories per packet, so you only get three per day. I don't like them very much so far. They are thicker and have a stronger flavor, so they are harder to disguise with other flavors. I tried mixing only half the packet at a time and drinking 5 per day today and it's much better. Watering them down a lot really helps, plus I'm getting more water for the day! Win win!

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the Kaiser program in San Diego and am missing the Optifast 70 also. Personally, I don't think it's coming back. My paranoia is fueled by the fact that Optifast 70 isn't listed in the Novartis product list on its site. So far, I hate the 800 product and if I'm forced to do 800 calories per day I might as well find a more varied diet with real food.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger disastrogirl said...

The San Diego Kaiser is one of the few places who still use Optifast 70. It's been this way for a while so I'm not that worried about it not coming back. The HP is only 600 per day, so maybe you can try that instead next time. Besides, it's not really the calories that are helping you lose the weight, it's the lack of carbs and the ketosis that is doing most of the work.

Don't worry, the 70 will be back soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home